Spoonful is a family run catering company, providing delicious and interesting food to Wellingtonians and to the greater Wellington region, using only quality ingredients. Spoonful started life in a small way - in our kitchen in Kilbirnie over two years ago.
The name 'Spoonful' comes from our Head Chef Dan's Auntie Margarette who used to make home-made granola and gift it to her friends and family. On the jar she would write: 'a spoonful of joy, happiness and tender loving care.' We hope to portray this in everything we do!
Dan trained in French cooking in central London. He has studied and worked in some amazing places:
- Vincent Square catering college
- Le Palaise de Jardin, Longacre
- Restaurant Rosemary Sardinia
- The Mirabelle, Mayfair for Marco Pierre White
- The Admiral Codrington, Knightsbridge For Joel Cadbury
- Good Food Live cooking shows for Sky
- Filmed with Gordon Ramsey Day in the life of Gordon Ramsey
- The great catering company, Auckland
- Boomrock Lodge, Wellington
- NOSH Catering, Khandallah, Wellington,
- LSG Skychefs (Cooked for the Premiere of China & The Royals)